Author Topic: Birthdays  (Read 13236 times)

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
Re: Birthdays
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2022, 04:40:14 PM »
Thank you Lyn L, yes I had a very good day out to lunch with Janet my wife, my sister, my brother and sister-in-law and then video chats with Sons, in-laws and grandchildren. Then a rest!

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2022, 12:08:36 PM »
Oh my goodness !  What have I been doing OR NOT !
 Yes I'm here and all is well , just been very naughty not looking lately BUT.
Today it's Happy Birthday to Lutonman, have a great  day. And apologies to EVERYONE when their  Birthdays I have missed
I didn't mean to honest  xxx
 ::)

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2022, 08:37:41 PM »
I'm friends with Lyn on Facebook. I also use Facebook Messenger to keep in touch with family members around the world (especially my daughter in the United States) and often see her online there.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline shoot999

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2022, 04:42:30 PM »
As I don't see Lyn in recent months, I hope that she is ok? As I was 92 last Wednesday & quite honestly, a month ago, didn't think that I would make it, I will record the event. I haven't lived in Kent( although born & bred there) since 1968,so am unable to appear on GtP- but I do read with interest- thank you all contributors. I now live, since Covid, in SW Scotland. We had a great day, "the sun shines on the righteous, & the rest of us!"

Lyn online a few days ago. So hopefully all well.

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2022, 04:13:20 PM »
As I don't see Lyn in recent months, I hope that she is ok? As I was 92 last Wednesday & quite honestly, a month ago, didn't think that I would make it, I will record the event. I haven't lived in Kent( although born & bred there) since 1968,so am unable to appear on GtP- but I do read with interest- thank you all contributors. I now live, since Covid, in SW Scotland. We had a great day, "the sun shines on the righteous, & the rest of us!"

Offline AlanTH

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2022, 10:27:43 AM »
I carry all sorts of info between my ears Lyn like passwords, account numbers, credit card numbers, phone numbers etc but nothing which would really be a help in making me rich and famous. :)
I get some real strange looks when I rattle off a number others have to check on their phone/diary etc. I had a run in with a bank "customer service officer" recently when she asked if I had my account number written down including my passwords.... my response was somewhat robust as they say.
"Madam, I may well be in my seventies but that does not mean I'm senile" plus a couple of other things I shan't mention here. :O
Keep up the good work.
AlanH.

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2022, 11:31:00 AM »
Oh dear Alan  that's very naughty of you ! but glad to hear the bruises are fading  ;)  Thank goodness she knows you well.

My late hubby was very good and our anniversary usually . His birthday is among a load of others in my family the whole of August ! People must have been very busy 9 mths previously ;D x

Offline AlanTH

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2022, 10:12:37 AM »
I missed my dearly beloveds just recently and it was only when making a medical appointment for her and had to tell the other person her birthdate, I suddenly remembered.  Shock horror, the first time in many decades I've forgotten. :)
The bruises are fading now..... :O
Cheers.
AlanH.

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2022, 09:00:59 AM »
Thanks Alan, I'm catching up with you in yrs.
Thing is I've got so many in my close family and friends that I lose the plot on theirs  ::) Was one of my Grandsons yesterday and I didn't remember til late in the evening . I should because there's 3 in within 5 days of each other .

Offline AlanTH

« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2022, 08:51:13 AM »
I'll help you Lyn, 78 and take your pick as to whether it happened on the 28th or 1st. :) Keep up the good work and if you miss a birthday or two.... never mind.
AlanH.

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2022, 12:41:04 PM »
Oh dear I can see I have lapsed on my 'job' with birthdays.
Thank you for the belated wishes  and very sorry I didn't catch yours Alan TH .
There really aren't many showing up on the calendar now but I wish all of you with ones I've missed or can't catch Many more ! whenever they happen to be :-*
Alan I'm not going to work out your real age that's a stretch for my aged years now  ;D xx

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2022, 10:02:00 AM »
And a belated happy birthday from me too ;D
Haven't been around much lately, 12 to 16 hour days 6 days a week since Christmas. Busy busy busy! The tax man and my bank manager are happy though.

Happy birthday Lyn. Health, wealth and happiness...
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2022, 10:13:50 PM »
November 20, I see from quite a few
To Lyn last birthday, where`s the clue
A member wishes Lyn, another too
Was going to reply`you cant have two`.

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2022, 09:29:26 PM »
Happy Birthday Lyn L

Offline AlanTH

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2022, 09:06:46 AM »
I'm 19.1/2 today or tomorrow. Anyone else born on the 29th?
AlanH.