Author Topic: Coronavirus. 2020  (Read 30387 times)

Offline johnfilmer

• Administrator
Re: Coronavirus. 2020
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2021, 02:15:22 PM »
At our vaccination appointment the guy explaining what was happening nonchalantly said that the vaccine today is Astra Zeneca, rather in the way of a waiter telling you what’s soup of the day. No doubt some similarity, but amused me.
Illegitimus nil carborundum

Offline Invicta Alec

« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2021, 01:29:09 PM »
I'm just a few months over 70 and therefore in Group 4. I had my jab last Friday. The target is to finish all group 4 people by 15th Feb and the government has asked anyone still in the group who haven't been contacted yet should call their GPs just to make sure they haven't been overlooked.

Reportedly, as a nation we are just a little in front of vaccination targets currently so this would seem to tie in with @Lutonman and wife being called early. I'm wondering if people are being called in age order as well as group order since I'm one of the last (and youngest) in the 70+ group while @Lutonman will be among the seniors of group 5?

Alec.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2021, 09:27:16 PM »
@Lutonman, at 69 you are in group IV on age.  They seem to be working through GIV now, I'm off tomorrow for mine.

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2021, 07:11:22 PM »
At 69 surprised to get text to book for my Jab, both wife & I go on Saturday to Lordswood.

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2021, 09:58:39 AM »
I'm having my jab on Wednesday in Boots in Chatham and the 2nd same place on May 4th so exactly 12 weeks .
 Not so good if you have no transport to and from ( my son taking me ) so hope you do get transport for yours pr1uk.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2021, 07:35:48 PM »
DaveTheTrain:

Glad you are better and on the mend.  Any lasting side effects?

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2021, 01:10:10 PM »
I did a full report in my `Journal `on my Jan. 7th vaccine - the 1st one. I did start to write here
about it - but at near the finish - it got wiped out. ( go back on here to page 6 - then scroll down )

Please - do not write in that section - as it is a continuous Daily Journal - come back here & write.

I started that section in August 2020 - the previous section from March 10th 2020 - got wiped out.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2021, 11:31:49 AM »
Thanks for that John.  I'm group IV (medical issues, not age) and am looking forward to mine on Tuesday.  We seem to be a group behind the rest of the country in Medway. :(

Offline johnfilmer

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2021, 11:06:13 AM »
 Just to let you know that both my wife and I got our Covid injections yesterday.
Our local surgery organised appointments by text, then when you went online and used the codes from the text you got an appointment.
Very slick, stay in your car until 1 minute before you are due, follow a short, distanced, queue. A quick check of who and when, then further on a briefing on possible problems, then straight into one of five bays set up in the waiting room. We were together, both with 9.50 appointments, Ladies first, then me, then reminder cards for the booster in April. On the way out anyone driving was given a post-it with the time on it and told to sit in the car for 15minutes, just in case of a reaction. Any problems sound your horn. Time on our note was 9.57.
The appointments were only organised on Wednesday. On thursday I got the letter inviting me to arrange a jab through the national set up as I turned 70 on Friday and went up from level 5 to level 4 and so qualified. The local arrangement was taking level 5 (65-70) hence Sally and her friend also got injected.
It should be noted that my wife is Extremely needle phobic so this was a milestone all round.

Both feeling a little bit under the weather today - mind you it is snowing sideways from the North.
So many thanks to the good old NHS
Stay safe

John
Illegitimus nil carborundum

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2021, 10:32:40 AM »
Dave, you beat me to it! :)   I'll just add that in some areas there is a scheme for free taxi rides to and from the jab.  You may need to search through the BBC website to see if the report is still live.

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2021, 10:10:51 AM »
pr1uk. A lot of towns used to have volunteer drivers who will take carless people to hospital, etc. Maybe they don't exist now though with a warrented fear  of getting infected?

Offline pr1uk

« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2021, 09:34:08 AM »
This virus is beginning to become a real pain but I hope they don't end the lockdown to early as they have before we have to stop the spread at some stage. It's passed on from one to another so keeping our distance and wearing masks is a must for us all.
As for the jab that's hit and miss they offered me the jab but a long walk from were I live even though there is a place in walking distance, but my surgery said I cannot use that one. Did hear someone say jabs will be no more then a 45 minute drive the first thing I thought of well a 45 minute drive will be a bloody long walk. Not all OAPs have pension pots, play golf or have a car

Offline castle261

« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2021, 04:51:08 PM »
I see the Health Minister ducked the question of the `2nd vaccination of the Pfizer BioNTec jab `.
I would have had my 2nd jab, on Jan 28th, then 7 days later. I would have had a better immune
system, to cope with the Kent Strain of the virus. After first jab, I am 84% better, than not have it.
Many people in their late years may not be alive to see the 2nd vaccine, 12 weeks is a long time.
Even 6 weeks when Europe, Germany, recommends a shorter time, are not following the U.K.

Offline castle261

« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2021, 10:48:07 AM »
Thanks -  mmitch - will try.

Offline mmitch

« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2021, 10:40:39 AM »
Castle 261. You should be able to contact them by email? All through the the last year I ordered a repeat prescription etc via email to my surgery in Gravesend. They have also used text messages on occasion.
mmitch.